In Reply To...
Confirm post delete
Report a post
I saw your post yesterday and today. Check here for food banks
See if you can get help with rent here at modestneeds and some of the other links
See this link for help with housing, health care , work etc
Do you want to apply for public housing too? Here is the link to do that
Rental Help: Texas
More From HUD -
- What is Public Housing?
- What are Housing Choice Vouchers?
- Fair housing
- More rental assistance
- Income limits
- Senior citizens
- People with disabilities
HUD helps apartment owners offer reduced rents to low-income tenants. To apply, contact or visit the management office of each apartment building that interests you.
- Search for a subsidized apartment
Public Housing and Housing Choice Vouchers (Section 8)
To apply for either type of help, visit your local Public Housing Agency (PHA).
- PHAs in Texas
- Questions? Email us
or call (800) 955-2232
Some PHAs have long waiting lists, so you may want to apply at more than one PHA. Your PHA can also give you a list of locations at which your voucher can be used.
- Contact a housing counseling agency
Other Texas Resources -
- Need senior housing?
- Affordable rentals in the Houston area
- Moving your voucher to Dallas/Ft Worth
- Local tenant rights, laws and protections
- Help with your utility bills
- Find units for rent in rural Texas
- Independent living centers - for seniors and people with disabilities
Wishihg you the best